Urgent public meeting in Auckland
A public meeting to oppose the GCSB Bill is being held at 7pm Thursday, Auckland 25th July at the Mt Albert War Memorial Hall. Get the flyer (PDF).
- Dame Ann Salmond – anthropologist, author and New Zealander of the year.
- Dr Rodney Harrison QC – presented the law society submission on the GCSB Bill.
- Kim Dotcom – most high profile victim of illegal GCSB spying.
- Thomas Beagle – civil liberties campaigner, co-founder of Tech Liberty.
National Day of Protest
The Stop the GCSB Bill campaign has organised public protests for 2pm on Saturday the 27th July. Cities currently planned include:
- Palmerston North
Wellington Public Meeting – Nothing to hide, everything to fear
Looking at surveillance beyond the GCSB Bill.
Monday, 5 August, 6pm
St John’s Hall, Willis St/Dixon St
- Helen Kelly (CTU)
- Thomas Beagle (Tech Liberty)
- Kate Dewes (Peace Campaigner)